Thursday, July 7, 2011

Emerson has checked out!!

Emerson is out of the NICU.  He checked out around 6:30 tonight.  Now he is just waiting on his brothers to come join him.  After we got him home to the Ronald McDonald House he has just slept and ate.  Jill, Gran and I had a wonderful dinner prepared by some culinary chefs from Virginia College.  It was a pork tenderloin and it was awesome.  Emerson just slept in his pack and play that his Aunt Jennifer gave him. 

After dinner Jill and Gran stayed with Emerson while I went to check out the other two boys in the NICU.  They are doing good.  When I walked in they were mad that Emerson had left them.  They were really fussy!  I think they were just hungry.  So I picked up Brayson and fed him.  Brayson is now weighing over 7lbs.  He ate 100ccs today which is equivalent to a little over three ounces in one feeding. I gave Brayson 95ccs when I fed him tonight.  Cooper was fed by his nurse Mrs. Taylor.  Most nurses go by their first names but when I asked her her name a couple weeks ago she said Mrs. Taylor.  So I call her Mrs. Taylor but her name is Maggie.  Mrs. Taylor fed Cooper about 60ccs.  Cooper went right back to sleep after his feeding but Brayson was wide awake.  I sang several songs to Brayson but he still would not go to sleep.  Then I read him some books.  "Good Night Moon" and a book by Dr. Seuss called "Oh Baby the Place You Will Go".  He really enjoyed them and went to sleep. 

Check out these pictures of Emerson coming home, Brayson and Cooper.

Emerson & Jill in the Ronald McDonald House.  Straight out of the NICU.

Emerson in his car seat

Emerson in his Pack and Play

Brayson


Cooper

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I have read this new insert a couple of times now and am waiting on an update. Y'all must be really busy with the boys since Emerson and Brayson are out! Such a blessing. I am still praying for you and praying for Cooper to get out soon so you can go HOME. I was hoping he would get out before I leave Saturday for Perdido Key but if not, I will bring dinner when I return. I am so happy for you, Jill and Amon. I will come visit when you finally come home. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete