Sunday, May 29, 2011

Today Jill and I really slept in.  I think I got out of bed around 9am and Jill finally got up around 10:15am.  Jill had woken up earlier to pump some milk for the babies but went right back to sleep.  We finally made it to the hospital around 11am.  We immediately went into pod 1 and saw the babies doing well.  The boys are doing good without their CPAPs.  They all seem to still be having heart rate drops but it seems to me that they are less than they usually are.  Emerson now weighs 3lbs 7.5oz, Brayson 4lbs 1.4oz, and Cooper is weighing 3lbs 7.7oz just two grams above Emerson.  We held the boys together today.  Jill held Emerson while I held Cooper.  Emerson and Cooper are right next to one another.  We got a picture of this which was awesome with us sitting 2 feet a part.  I joked with Jill while holding the two that they were identical and she immediately said they have differences.  I agree they do have their differences but sometimes if you take a quick look I cant tell them a part.  We later held Brayson later on in the day.  We are starting to hold them all everyday or we have been for the last couple of days.  We really like our nurses that we have been having for the last couple of days that might be why the holdings have gone up. 

Today while in the NICU I went up to Brayson and immediately noticed a horrible smell coming from his incubator.  Brayson's nurse was gone to lunch so I asked Cooper's nurse to come help me with it.  I have changed a diaper before but not a stinky diaper.  So Cooper's nurse was about to change the diaper when she quickly said you need to learn how to change it why not start now!  So I relunctantly agreed to change Brayson's stinky diaper.  I was joking with the nurse trying to get her to change the diaper for me!  She was standing her ground!  I eventually changed the stinky diaper!  Not once but twice today for Brayson.  I have now changed 4 diapers in my life. Two stinky ones and two not stinky. 

Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming.

Jill and Amon

Cooper and Brayson

Stinky Diaper

Emerson

Brayson

Emerson

Cooper

1 comment:

  1. GO DAD STINKY DIAPER!!! You are a pro now... Once when you change one diaper you won't forget how too!!! Glad the boys are doing so great... We cannot wait to meet them!!!

    Love Kelly, Emma, and Jeff

    ReplyDelete