Tuesday, June 7, 2011

4lbs

Sorry, I have not posted in the last couple of days!  All the boys are doing good.  They all are weighing over 4lbs now!  Yeah!!  Emerson now weighs 4lbs 3oz, Brayson is up to 4lbs 10oz, and Cooper is weighing 4lbs 2oz.   Cooper was the second child to reach the 4lb barrier and was doing pretty good up until he went to the bathroom.  Emerson stayed under 4lbs for a couple of days and then had a big jump from 3lbs 13oz to 4lbs 0.3oz.  Brayson kind of followed in Emerson's foot steps by not having a weight gain then he jumped to the 4lbs 10oz.  He stayed around the 4lb 7oz for a couple of days. 

Jill and I have signed up to take a few classes for next week that are required before you can go home.  They the "Homeward Bound", "Car Seat Safety" and "CPR". 

Last week Jill got to give Brayson a bath well yesterday she gave Cooper a bath.  She said Cooper was really good through the whole process and never cried.  I think he is getting a hang of this bathing stuff.  This morning I went to check on the boys before work and got a huge surprise.  I was there when the nurse was about to give Emerson a bottle.  Well she gave him the bottle and was doing so good that she wanted me to see how well he was doing.  So I got to give Emerson a bottle this morning.  Not only did I give him a bottle I got to burp him as well!  I have never done this before.  It was awesome the way he grasped onto the bottle and took his milk. 

Cooper had a stinky diaper on Sunday that guess who got to change.  It was bad!!  I have not changed one this bad.  He had the poop running down his back.  It was nasty!  As I was changing him he also decided to pee on himself which made things even better.  I eventually walked away and let Jill finish the diaper.  However today after work I went to see the boys and got to hold Emerson after Jill fed him.  Well Emerson gave dad a good stinky.  From gaining experience with Cooper on Sunday I did an awesome job changing Emerson. 

Check out these pictures.

Cooper

Jill bathing Cooper

Cooperster all clean

Amon and Emerson

Brayson

Hat sideways

Please keep our boys in your heart and prayers.

Jill and Amon

3 comments:

  1. Just want you to know i read every word you write!! Love hearing about the weight gain!! And Amon, you sound like the sweetest dad ever, amazed by feeding and burping...(hope you keep it up once home!!lol) Praying always and very excited for your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can y'all believe you have been parents for a month already! I look forward to all the posts and progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE the photo of the bath with the basin. We've both seen many of those basins, and the photo gives a great idea of how very small your boys are. But growing!

    ReplyDelete