Sunday, June 12, 2011

5 Pounds

Sorry the Ronald McDonald Houses internet has been down the last couple of days.  Saturday night we found out that Brayson had broken the 5lb barrier.  He now weighs 5lbs 1oz.  He finally broke it and his brothers are not that far behind him either. As of tonight Emerson now weighs 4lbs 9.8oz.  As of last night Cooper  weighs 4lbs 8.8oz.  Cooper's nurse had not weighed him for tonight but was about four grams more than Emerson.  Brayson and Emerson had the same nurse tonight.  During the day shift we had a nurse named "Sue" from Gautier, MS.  Sue was  the nurse for all of them today.  This was kind of odd because we have never just had one nurse before!  Sue was older than most nurses and was really good.  She let Jill and I feed Brayson and Emerson with a bottle while she fed Cooper.  I actually did the whole feeding for Brayson.  I fed him, burped him, and then I changed his outfit.  Changing an outfit is pretty challenging with all their wires that they have connected to them.  Sue kind of helped me a little bit, but I did the majority.  You should have seen the way Brayson took his bottle.  He is really good at taking a bottle! 

All of the boys are still on their high flow canulars.  Four is the maximum amount they have all been on and one is the lowest.  Well Emerson last week was on two and they tried him on a regular canular.  He did not do very good on the regular canular so he had to go back to the high flow.  When he went back to the high flow they had to start him back on four.  Last week before the change he was on two and was doing really good but it is the hospitals policy to go back to four and start going down from there.  Brayson's high flow canular is set on three and Cooper is still on three.  Emerson is doing good so far and should be back down very soon.

Jill and I are doing good!  We are just ready to go home.  We have been here a little more than a month now.  Not as long as some of our fellow RMD(Ronald McDonald) house guests.  We were talking to a couple tonight that has been here for seven months.  They were talking about their baby might be ready to go home around the 20th of this month.  We were happy to hear that for them!  I think we probably have another month or so before we can go home.  Please continue to pray for our family to get better so we can take them home. 

Check out these pictures from the last couple of days.



Cooper

Brayson

Brayson

Emerson

Brayson taking his bottle


Jill and Amon

1 comment:

  1. I had to read the past couple of posts to catch up and I was amazed to see all the progress, especially for Brayson. I am so pumped about the great progress all 3 Holcomb boys are making. I love seeing the pictures but can't wait to come see them again soon. I am trying to wait until you come home but I may have to make a trip back over there before then.
    Amon and Jill, I am praying for you both every day. I am so proud for you two staying so strong through this and can't wait for you to be home with your blessings. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete