Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Diaper Change

On Tuesday night I had bragged about how good I had changed Emerson's diaper earlier in the day.  Well after my post last night I got another chance of changing Brayson's stinky diaper.  I went to change him and was doing a pretty good job.  Well all the boys are in isolettes, which have doors and hand holes.  You can either leave the door open or use the hand holes to change diapers.  Well when I was changing the diaper since it was a stinky one I decided to leave the door open so I would have plenty of room to move around.  As I was lifting Brayson's legs and wiping him down I got a little surprise.  Yes Brayson started peeing!  Since the door was open he was aiming and peeing all over dad!  I didnt realize what was happening but felt something hitting my chest when I said "Oh shut!"  I said it loud and every parent and nurse in the NICU heard me.  Everyone started laughing including my beutiful wife.  It was not a great experience but I have a feeling it want be the last time.  My mom and dad when I mentioned it to them said "thats pay back!" 

Jill got to give Brayson a bottle tonight.  He did very good and took his entire feeding through the bottle.  She also burped him.  We held Brayson and Cooper.  Cooper was wide awake the whole time.  I started singing songs to him and then he made me a stinky diaper.  I changed it and did a good job.  Emerson had a bad day so we didnt get to hold him tonight.  Emerson had a bad day because he had been changed on his air flow canular several times. He is fine just needs a little more time with his current air flow.  As of tonight they had not written down their weights so I could not tell their weights but have a feeling they gained.  I will find out tomorrow.

Check out these pictures:

Cooper styling in his hat

Bottle feeding


Burping

Coopster


Family picture from Tuesday night. Jill holding Brayson and Cooper and I am holding Emerson

Keep the prayers coming! 

Jill and Amon

No comments:

Post a Comment